I've said this before but accessories are my all time favorite part of an outfit. Don't get me wrong, I am a big clothes junky too but I tend to stick to more basic pieces or at least I have been as I get older so that I can mix and match and create more looks and then go with more eccentric or statement pieces when it comes to accessories. I love a good basic t-shirt that I can dress up or down and wanted to share with you my go to must have basics. I plan on doing a must have accessories post soon too but wanted to break it up.
Basics you need in your closet:
- A black t-shirt and white t-shirt both go with everything and are super versatile. I always throw these in my suitcase when I travel.
- A dark pair of jeans (not distressed) and a distressed pair of jeans. I am all about the distressed denim trend but sometimes you need to something a little more dressy to pair with blouses (think casual friday at work or to church).
- A black cami and a white cami (are you seeing a trend here?). These are perfect to layer. You can wear them with shorts and jeans in the summer and with chunky cardigans and booties in the fall. They're also perfect for all you girls that need to dress up for work, throw it on with a pair of dress pants and a blazer or cardigan or tucked in to a pencil skirt with heels.
- A really good pair of black leggings. I am all about saving some money but when it comes to a great pair of leggings this is something you don't want to skimp on. I have two favorites in my closet and honestly, that is enough for me. My Lululemon Wunder Unders were definitely a splurge but well worth it. There is a reason this pair of leggings has a cult following. They are SUPER flattering and comfortable and stay in place when working out (or ya know, running to get Starbucks haha). My second favorite pair are my Zella Live In Leggings. This pair is more affordable and have so many great reviews.
- A LBD is probably a no brainer but truly such a staple in every women's closet. I like to keep two in mine. One that is more casual and can be worn in an "everyday" setting and one that I can dress up for a wedding, shower, date night and xyz.
- Last but not least, a denim jacket. You've probably noticed that this is something I wear A LOT and with good reason. Not only is it super comfy but it is very versatile and can be worn spring, summer and fall. I also love a good utility jacket, especially in the spring and fall.
Thanks so much for stopping by!