Happy Friday friend! I have been waiting to do this dry shampoo review post and am excited to share it. Dry shampoo is my favorite hair product and if you're new to dry shampoo get ready to have your life changed (ok, a little dramatic...but it really is SO good!). Washing your hair every day is not good for it as it strips the natural oils out, dries out your hair, causes damage and messes with the natural PH levels. I used to wash my hair every day or every other day and it was so dry and flat and would get oily super fast. I started to train my hair to only be washed once or twice a week and it took a few weeks for it to get adjusted but once it did, it was MUCH healthier. I of course shower every day but throw my hair up in a clip or a shower cap (yep, I am a big supporter of the shower cap ha) and use dry shampoo on the days I don't wash it. Dry shampoo helps to absorb extra oil, refresh your hair and give it a little extra volume. It helps your hair go an extra day or two without washing and in return makes your hair healthier. Now all dry shampoos are not the same, some can dry your hair out, make your scalp itch or just don't get the job done. I have tested out what feels like every dry shampoo under the sun and went on the hunt for a few new ones to test out. I love going in to Sephora because they have a HUGE travel size selection of beauty products. It's a great way to sample a product without having to fully commit to a full size bottle (and great for travel, to throw in your purse or gym bag). I don't know about you but I hate when I buy a big bottle of a new product and end up not liking it. It usually sits in my bathroom drawer for months without being used because I don't have the heart to waste it and throw it out. For reference, I have thick hair but the actual strands are fine. With that being said, I know that products work differently on every hair type, so I wanted to throw that in there. So without out further to do here are my thoughts on four of the most popular dry shampoos on the market. I ranked them from most favorite to least and they are all linked below!
1. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo Ok, so admittedly I almost didn't buy this one because the packaging is kinda boring but I am SO glad I did. I loved the smell of this one and was surprised that it actually cleans and absorbs oil from your hair. I used it four days in a row and it didn't weight my hair down and made it look just as clean as day one and added a little volume (bonus!). This dry shampoo is my new favorite and I definitely recommend it!
2. Bumble & Bumble Prêt-à-Powder Tres Invisible Dry Shampoo is very light and smells great! My hair lasted four days with this product and by the last day I had to reapply in the afternoon but it still held up! This is the lightest dry shampoo I bought and I think it's a great option for any hair type!
3. Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo I really liked how this product felt in my hair but did not like the smell of it. It was pretty flowery and strong. I like for my dry shampoo to smell good but I don't want it to over power my perfume. I purchased the Lush scent, but next but wish I would have grabbed the original one. I'll definitely try out the original scent next time since I liked everything else about the product!
4. IGK First Class Charcoal Detox Dry This was the dry shampoo I was most excited to try and what I originally went in to Sephora for and man oh man I am so glad that I did not buy the full size can! This dry shampoo is SUPER heavy duty and on my first day of using it worked great! It added some texture to my fine strands and I loved the smell. However, on day two when adding more of the product to my hair it became so piecey and SUPER gritty. I felt like there was SO much product in my hair and I only applied a few extra sprays. I decided to keep trying it and used it for three more days. By the fourth day my hair was up in a ponytail because I couldn't stand how it felt. Now, like I said earlier I have a ton of hair but the actual strands are fine. This may work better on someone with thicker strands but for me it was pretty disappointing when using for more than one day (which I always do).
While we are talking about hair... here are a few of my favorite products I use on the regular.
- This is my second Hot Tools blow dryer and I love them! It is a little bit pricer than your average Target dryer but worth it! It is lightweight and gets the job done quickly without feeling like your frying your hair. My last Hot Tools dryer lasted 8 years and this one is even better than the last one and it's on sale!
- I put a lot of heat on my hair and this NEXXUS heat protector helps prevent split ends and damage.
- I love this Wet Brush hair brush! It is great on both wet and dry hair. It is gentle and doesn't feel like your pulling your hair out when it is tangly.
- These clips are a game changer. I wrap my hair in a bun with them when I am showering and don't want to wash my hair and I use them to separate my hair when blow drying and curling.
Thanks so much for stopping by!