Happy Friday! I hope you had a great week and have something fun planned for the weekend. It has been so hot down here in Augusta but the mornings have been cooler so Graham and I have been loving getting out for walks in the morning! It is making me so excited for fall with cooler temps to spend more time outside! Below is my Friday 5 picks, if you're new to the blog on Fridays I share 5 things I have been loving this week. It can be anything from interesting articles, recipes, funny videos and of course bargains! I hope you enjoy!
1.) I am always on the hunt for unique tops and this one really caught my eye. I love the one sleeve style and the ruffle detail. The top is from a new (to me) brand I just discovered on Amazon called Serene Bohemian. It reminds me a lot of Anthropologie but for a fraction of the price! I linked some of my favorites from the brand below that are on my wish list.
2. Books I am loving lately:
- I am currently reading the oh so popular Girl, Wash Your Face and it is so good and inspiring so far!
- My beach read on my last trip was this easy breezy When Life Gives You Lululemons. It's from the same author that wrote The Devil Wears Prada and is perfect for something light and quick to read.
- This bible study book is on my wish list and I can't wait to dive into it next! I have done a Beth Moore study before and she is truly inspiring, hilarious and real!
3. My favorite mom resources:
- This blog post is super helpful if you are about to have a new baby or have a newborn and are planning on breastfeeding.
- What Skin Care Products Are OK to Use When Pregnant or Nursing?
- 11 Things You Need After Having A Baby (But No One Tells You About)
4. Apps I've been loving lately:
- Think Dirty is an app that helps you shop for cleaner, safer products for you and your family. You can scan a cosmetic or cleaning product's barcode and it will tell you what the rating is on how safe/clean it is. Using this app has been super eye opening for me and has caused me totally change up the products we use in our home (from baby soap, sanitizing wipes, shampoo, makeup etc!).
- YNAB aka You Need a Budget is an app Jon and I started using this summer to better budget and manage our finances. It is super user friendly and helps you categorize all of your spendings and set budget goals for yourself, much easier and quicker than an excel spreadsheet!
- I have been using the A Color Story app for a few years now and still love it! It is a photo editing app which has a ton of awesome filters and features.
5. There are some great sales happening right now! Here are some of my favs!
- GiGi New York has marked down a bunch of amazing bags for their summer sale including my clutch above. I have had my purse for over 5 years now and actually use it a ton. It is such great quality and really adds to every outfit! It's great to throw in your tote when you're traveling so you have two bags when you get there! This tote has been on my wishlist forever and would be a great everyday bag/work bag/ diaper bag!